The Sustainable Development Goals for Envipro Holdings
The Envipro Group will make utmost efforts to reach the goals of the SDGs through various activities, based on items consistent with the Group's business characteristics and “Creating sustainable future” which is a mission statement.
What is the Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals is a set of international development goals from 2016 to 2030, which was adopted by the UN Sustainable Development Summit held in September 2015.
These Goals are consisting of 17 goals and 169 targets and are pledge “No One is Left Behind” through the implementation process.
GOAL 1End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- With the improvement of the efficiency of the recycling business and the profitability, we will increase the income of the workers of the recycling business and improve their quality of life.
- We will strengthen capacity for adaptation to climate change, which is an indirect cause of poverty, by promoting resource circulation and decarbonization.
GOAL 3Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- We prevent the water and soil pollution and contamination by properly managing scrap materials at our plants where maintain appropriate safety in the operation and meet environmental standards.
GOAL 4Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- We support the independence of their social life by providing educational opportunities for working for the people with disabilities through our work transition and work continuation support.
GOAL 5Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Creating a employee friendly working environment by introducing such as the short-time hour regular employee system and home working system, we promote women's advancement into the society and provide them with the opportunities to demonstrate their leadership.
GOAL 7Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- We have become the first member firm of RE100 in the world as a recycling company. In future we will furthermore promote the expansion of clean energy.
- Through carbon management consulting, we support the CO₂ Reduction strategies of our various client companies and their reduction plannings. Furthermore we will also promote decarbonisation in conjunction with the introduction of renewable energy.
GOAL 12Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- We promote recycling industrial waste and ferrous / non ferrous scrap, producing recycled material, and reusing products. Furthermore we are contributing to the improvement of resource efficiency throughout the product life cycle, the suppression of excessive consumption of natural resources, and resource circulation.
- We pick metal and plastic up by automatic sorting technology and thoroughly produce the recycled materials. As a result, the volume of the waste disposal and the simple incineration will be reduced, and consumption of natural resources in society as a whole will be curbed.
GOAL 13Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts*
- We will make efforts to reduce CO₂ emissions by promoting the use of 100% renewable energy at our plants, and will also reduce CO₂ emissions throughout the life cycle by expanding the recycling business.
GOAL 14Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- We prevent ocean spill of plastic waste by recycling the plastic waste to the raw material , ie, recycled raw materials manufacturing, which returns discarded plastic to product raw material again.
GOAL 17Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
- By participating in the following partnerships, we recognize our role to work the environmental projects and are promoting initiatives for the realization of a sustainable society.
・ J-CLP(JAPAN CLIMATE LEADERS’ PARTNERSHIP)
・ CDP*2 as Scoring Partner
- *1 RE100：RE100 (Renewable Energy 100%) is a global corporate leadership initiative bringing together committed to 100% renewable electricity.
- *2 CDP： CDP, which is an international organization that promotes initiatives by companies and governments toward reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, management of water resources, and conservation of forests, collects and evaluates information about world-leading companies' activities related to climate change.